Two-hour cocktail event, speed networking, mentor speakers – meets once a quarter
The Tomorrow Club was set up in 2007 to help mentor young professionals joining the private wealth industry. It aims to help members start their business network with other, high-quality wealth professionals. Each group has a controlled mix of private bankers, family offices; trustees and intermediaries to facilitate targeted networking. The group also benefits from ‘break the ice’ speed networking for attendees who wish to participate. Members are individuals in their first or second jobs who are aiming to:
- kick-start their personal and business network
- gain their own pool of business referrals
- meet senior wealth management industry figures who would be hard to meet
- gain a peer network to develop ongoing knowledge
Events during Covid
Although we can't currently meet in person we are still running our regular Tomorrow Club networking sessions online to ensure members maintain strong relationships and frequent contact with their fellow industry professionals. We have succesfully run 2 networking evenings on Zoom where we send all members a tasty cocktail to enjoy from their own homes. By rotating members around breakout rooms focused around topical discussions such as the US election, likely tax changes in the UK and how to do business during covid, we ensure that members have a chance to touch base with industry peers and share stories, solidifying existing relationships as well making new ones.
For the September and November Club meetings we have combined our Tomorrow Club and WP networking groups to ensure an even greater exposure to new contacts and a opportunity to mix with a variety of professionals across seniority levels.
The main benefit of the networking clubs is the ‘rolling effect’ of our events. The events enable attendees to fast track relationships by seeing the same individuals with whom they wish to do business on a regular basis.
- As a member of the club, you are entitled to attend four TC networking and mentoring events. The key aim of the Tomorrow Club is to help develop the careers of its members by enabling them to establish a network of contacts with people of a similar level in other organisations. The result is a pipeline of contacts to gain work; a strong group of peers to ask advice from and a network of support to fast-track careers in the wealth industry. These relationships grow over time giving the Tomorrow Club members a head start in developing referral networks which also delivers benefit to your organisation. Membership of the group has directly led to referrals and introductions between organisations within the membership.
- Citywealth also invites a number of Tomorrow Club ‘Patrons’ to attend each event to meet and discuss the issues of the industry with members. The Tomorrow Club Patrons are a mixture of senior industry figures who address Tomorrow Club events on issues of the day
- The events take place in the early evening in Central London in a prestigious location and have an informal approach to encourage members to view it as a pleasure to attend and not a chore.
Events are by invitation only to members.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Citywealth Tomorrow Club please contact Rosie on Rosanna@citywealthmag.com or call the office on +44 207 487 5858
- You can also click and pay here but entry will be subject to suitability. https://www.citywealthmag.com/tomorrow-club-bookings
Time: Currently Zoom but in person in 2021
Venue: 18 January 2021
Dress Code: Smart casual
“ Perfect size for networking, keynote speakers are stellar, great venues! To sum up, great organization, excellent choice of venues, good scale, solid content in presentations. Just wanted to extend my huge thank you - you always make me feel so welcome at these events! ”
Mariolia Kozubovska, Private Banking Executive, Barclays
“ I have found the Tomorrow Club to be very useful and an enjoyable way to meet new contacts. The venues are always excellent and the events well organised with topical presentations and a good mix of people from different industries.”
Amy Gilfellon, Private Client Tax Consultant, Rawlinson & Hunter
“ It is a safe and easy platform to develop networking skills (via the speed networking) to make useful future industry contacts; You attract members from a very good range of the top tier law and accountancy firms; I think the venues are great and I like the fact they rotate depending on season. ”
Rachel Sutton, Assistant Portfolio Manager, Cazenove Capital
“ I very much enjoy the format. There’s a relaxed approach to the evening and the speed networking is a great way of getting around the room instead of sticking to one or two people all night. Following the event, I have had a few follow up lunches which has been great. So far, it’s been a fantastic lesson in networking. ”
Edward Steabler, Associate, Private Client, Penningtons Manches
“ There are two important reasons why I like to attend Citywealth events: firstly, it gives me a unique opportunity to listen to others involved in the wealth management industry, and to understand the issues that are of concern. Secondly, it is an excellent chance to meet new people, and start building relationships. After all, it is still true that people deal with people that they know, like and trust.”
Jessica Fox, Associate - Investor Relations at Calculus Capital
“ Citywealth events present an excellent opportunity for meeting and building relationships with other professionals who work with HNW and UHN individuals.”
Sam Longworth, Partner, Stewarts