Leaders List interview: 60 seconds with Adam West, Knights
This week’s 60-second piece is dedicated to Adam West, Partner at Knights.
Citywealth speaks to Adam West, private wealth partner at Knights, who leads Knights’ national private client tax advisory team, being a specialist in personal tax planning for multijurisdictional high net worth individuals and families.
Tell Citywealth’s readers about your role.
- I am a private wealth partner who leads Knights’ national private client tax advisory team.
- I am a Chartered Tax Adviser who has recently been a Private Client Tax Partner at Evelyn Partners in Manchester.
- I am a specialist in personal tax planning for multijurisdictional high net worth individuals and families and I act for many of the firm’s high-profile clients.
- I manage a diverse range of complex projects for my clients who include entrepreneurs, UK and non-UK domiciled individuals, their families and trusts.
How would your clients describe you?
I am the first choice for new work within the team and across Knights. I greatly enjoy managing my team and am committed to providing support and training to those reporting to me in addition to always being at disposal of my clients.
Clients consider me a champion of knowledge sharing within the private wealth department and a regular contributor and presenter of technical issues and tax updates.
Clients can come to you if they need…
- tax structuring and pre-sale tax planning of family businesses prior to sale to a third party, including tax clearances to HMRC;
- succession planning, including the set up of a Family Investment Company and trust structures;
- a domicile review for multijurisdictional UHNW clients.
What are the most important skills and personal qualities to succeed in your role?
To succeed in my role, I think that strong business development skills are fundamental. A pivotal part is also played by a strong network of key intermediaries, not only across the UK but also internationally.
What do you do when you are not at work?
When I am not at my desk, I dedicate time to my family, I have a wife and three young children. I am a mini rugby coach at the local rugby club and am also a school governor at the school attended by two of my children.
Written by Silvia Ricciardi