Citywealth Crypto Club News
The latest Crypto events, articles, announcements and news.
- Consensus2023 is on right now in, a big show for web3 /crypto in Austin, Texas. Crypto natives and professional advisors alike rate this event 5 stars. Citywealth crypto club has Lord Chris Holmes, current member of the House of Lords, speaking on crypto regulation He is co-chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Groups on: Assistive Technology; Fintech; Blockchain; AI; 4th Industrial Revolution.
- NFT.NYC brings together all the big names in crypto, tech and nft to discuss news and share projects. Zoe Wyatt, Partner at Andersen in the UK and head of crypto and digital assets spoke at the event. https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7052035852461342720/ Zoe is also a founding member of the Citywealth crypto club. Andersen is the UK member firm of Andersen Global. They provide a wide range of UK and US tax services to private clients and businesses.
- DYOR: is it just white noise? Citywealth interview with Charlotte Hill, Partner, Penningtons Manches Cooper https://www.citywealthmag.com/news/dyor-is-it-just-white-noise-strong/ Citywealth crypto club welcomes Charlotte as a founding member of the Citywealth crypto club and she joins the Citywealth crypto editorial board. She has also received her Citywealth crypto accreditation.
Announcements and news:
- Sean Kiernan, CEO, Greengage: Greengage is a digital merchant banking pioneer, that provides a platform of relationship-based e-money account services to SMEs, high net worth individuals, and digital asset firms. “Super excited to launch e-money accounts ! This has been years in the making and we’ve now emerged from “friends and family”. Thanks so much to everyone involved in the Greengage team and beyond, and very much looking forward to serving the community… with payments, cards, B2B lending and more to follow.” https://www.cityam.com/greengage-launches-e-money-service-aimed-at-digital-asset-firms-and-smes/ You can leave a review for Sean on the Citywealth Leaders List https://www.leaderslist.co.uk/leaderslist/sean-kiernan
- Bermuda welcomes Coinbase: David Burt, Premier, Bermuda posts on linkedin: “Exciting news! Leading Digital Asset company Coinbase announced today that it has received a Digital Asset Business Licence from the Bermuda Monetary Authority. I’m thrilled to see our island leading the “race to the top” for regulation in this industry, as our trusted regulator and dynamic approach to change have made Bermuda a beacon of stability for companies like Coinbase to innovate and grow. Global fintech companies are taking note of the ecosystem that is developing in Bermuda, and I remain confident that even more companies will choose Bermuda in the future. This will lead to more job opportunities and will allow Bermudians to enter at the ground level of a growing global industry that is taking shape right here in Bermuda. I look forward to sharing why Bermuda is the choice for digital asset companies looking for stable and sound regulation next week at Consensus 2023. #WelcomeCoinbase. He is also speaking at Consensus2023
Bitcoin is up – just below $29k 27/04/2023
- Gemini open in india: For now India regulation is under aml supervision according to this news item below in India Today which does suggest an approach to regulate in future by the Indian govt. As the crypto game of chess continues – Coinbase opening in Bermuda for instance – my crystal ball sees a Gemini office opening in Mauritius – the offshore/ifc centre for UHNW accredited size Indian clients…
- Gunnercooke beef up skills with joiner Mark Winters The speciality consultancy of 14 years that was MW Financial Crime Consultancy Ltd has joined gunnercooke to continue to service clients in financial crime risk, compliance and dispute resolution focused advisory and assurance support works to a wider range of clients. “I’m happy to share that I’m starting a new position as Operating Partner (Financial Crime Risk and Regulatory Advisory) at gunnercooke llp.” He says on linkedin. See post on linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7055503984219807744/
- Astraea Group are up for an award with Law.com: Established by James Ramsden KC and Nina Stewart, Astraea Group helps clients to navigate the system to access the best service provider for them, whilst delivering our services to the highest standard with the right team, every time. We specialise in the areas of Commercial Dispute Resolution, Civil Fraud, Fintech & Digital Currency Regulation, Regulatory & Compliance, Public Law and Private Client. See post: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7051588582318186498/
- Quintel Intelligence partner with Mastercard with Ciphertrace. “Quintel Intelligence is a specialist legal intelligence provider specialising in litigation support. Our company has supported various clients through process driven, empirical and accountably obtained intelligence gathering which remains at the forefront of how Quintel Intelligence practices today. Quintel Intelligence services High Net Worth Individuals, corporations and legal practitioners. “Quintel are very pleased to announce that we have partnered with CipherTrace by Mastercard for our cryptocurrency investigation software.” https://www.quintelintelligence.com/services/cryptocurrency-investigations/
Join the Citywealth linkedin newsfeed https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/citywealth-crypto-clu
To have your news featured on Citywealthmag.com which serves the UHNW private wealth management and private client sector email Editor, Karen Jones firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7487 5858
Subscribe to Citywealth Weekly Newsletter to learn more about Private Wealth Management: https://www.citywealthmag.com/weekly-news-email/
You may also like
CoCo Bonds, Clawbacks, and Credit Suisse. What next for private investors and sovereign funds?The various scandals, rumours, and half-truths have made the financial markets jittery, and the fever with which information spreads, particularly bad, results in panic, even if unwarranted. It is without question that the SVB (Silicon Valley Bank) and Signature bank collapses had a critical impact on the trust in banking and whether people believed Credit Suisse could sustain that. Swiss sentiment said “It’s about time that a government has the intent to do the obvious, which at least means clawing back the misallocated “rewards” for bad management.”
Apr 26, 2023Read More
Citywealth Powerwomen Awards 2023 – London Report and PicturesThe Citywealth Powerwomen Awards 2023 took place in person at The Clermont Charing Cross, on March 1st 2023, with Tanya Beckett as host.
Mar 08, 2023Read More
Citywealth Powerwomen Awards 2023 – New York report and picturesThe Citywealth Powerwomen Awards 2023 - New York took place in person at the Deutsche Bank Center in the heart of The Big Apple, on March 7th 2023, with Jan Hopkins as host.
Mar 15, 2023Read More