back

Amundi becomes the major shareholder of KBI following the acquisition from Oddo & Cie

Date: 01 Sep 2016

Citywealth

Amundi has finalised the acquisition from Oddo & Cie of Kleinwort Benson Investors. KBI now becomes part of the Amundi group which takes a majority shareholding of 87.5 percent with the KBI management team acquiring the remaining 12.5 percent.

In light of the acquisition, KBI will now trade as KBI Global Investors, a brand that underlines the rich heritage of the company and identifies it clearly in international markets.

KBI Global Investors is a growing fund management firm specialising in equity capabilities. Based in Dublin, Ireland, with offices in Boston and New York, it employs sixty-two people. Its management teams manage 8.1 billion euros of assets at 31 July 2016, mainly in global equity strategies. KBI Global Investors recorded growth in assets under management that went up twenty-eight percent on average per year between 2011 and 2015.

Sean Hawkshaw, CEO of KBI Global Investors, said: “As part of the Amundi group we have the ideal platform from which to grow. We are deeply grateful to our clients, to our friends in the consulting community, and of course our employees, for their unwavering support over the past six months. Our assets under management have increased over this period, with additional flows from our existing clients as well as some significant new mandates; that has given us a great deal of encouragement.”

back to news