Powerwomen Awards Submissions
Submissions are now open. Deadline 1st June 2018.
Awards categories and criteria
Any organisation or individual may enter themselves for any of the awards. Organisations may put forward entries for multiple awards as appropriate. We also welcome your nominations for any organisation or individual you think is deserving of recognition at these prestigious awards.
An independent panel of industry judges determines the winners. The 2019 judging panel will be announced in May 2018. Additionally, the shortlist is published online and online voting will take place. The online vote carries the weight of one additional judge. Over 17,500 votes were received for 2017 contests.
Awards will go to those organisations/individuals that are recognised by peers and clients as demonstrating excellence under the relevant criteria below. Submissions should have statistics and metrics to support them:
- Having outstanding female leadership with metrics to demonstrate growth or revenue development
- Consistent female promotion rates
- New initiatives to help parents with flexibility
- Engagement with outreach initiatives aimed at black, minority and ethnic communities
- Dynamic mentors or sponsors demonstrating the two way relationship that has been built
- Running a successful internal women’s network
- Specific gender programmes and communication of them internally
- Clear policies and how they are implemented for female career advancement
- Ensure the submission includes a cover letter on its first page, which can be downloaded below.
- Each entry must be in the form of a written submission of no more than 1000 words. The judges are looking for concise written submissions and your entry should cover as many of the listed criteria as possible.
- Please ensure each item of your submission has the following information clearly printed: category name, name of entering company/firm and contact.
- Please ensure you include what associations and registrations you are a member of.
- When nominating a third party, please provide as much information as possible. Contact details for the nominee are mandatory.
Entry document information
Please supply us with a 1,000-word document containing the core of your entry. You may separately supply appendices containing additional supporting information and documentation.
Best practice peer exchange and entry transparency
In a move to help the market more with their gender programmes, Citywealth would like to publicise the winning entries in order to reveal practical steps for the industry to use. This will also help highlight the bestpractice of the winners. Please advise us if your entry is confidential or if you will agree to publicity.
Stage 1 The contest is opened for submissions and companies enter
Stage 2 The Judges review the entries and meet to agree the finalists
Stage 3 The finalists are announced
Stage 4 Public Voting – online voting opens and will count as one additional judges vote
Stage 5 Judges meet to cast final votes and agree the winners
Stage 6 The winners are announced publicly at the awards ceremony
Please e-mail your entries to Lina Petkova firstname.lastname@example.org
Champion of the Year - Mentoring/Sponsoring Programme
Company of the Year - Female Leadership (Large/Institutional)
Judges would like to hear about successful companies with outstanding female leaders. A leader is a person who has a vision, a drive and a commitment to achieve that vision, and the skills to make business growth and change happen. Leaders should exercise positive social influence. This should be supported by metrics which demonstrate growth or revenue development or other metrics as entrants deem appropriate over the past 12 months.
Company of the Year: Female Leadership (SME)
Entrepreneurial Woman of the Year
Inspirational Woman of the Year
Woman of the Year - Business Growth
Woman of the Year - Leadership (Financial Organisation)
Woman of the Year - Leadership (Large/Institutional)
Woman of the year - Leadership (Professional Services)
Woman of the Year - Rising Star
Woman of the Year - Business Services
Company of the Year - Creating Change for Women
Best Employer - Mentoring and Sponsorship Programmes
Best Employer: Working Parents Initiatives - Successful Impact
Corporate Board Initiatives - Gender Diversity on Board
Company of the Year - Career Progression Initiatives
Gender Diversity Programme of the Year - Sustainability
Diversity Communication Campaign
Outstanding Employee Network of the Year
Employer of the Year - Outreach Initiatives
Career Achievement Award
Editor's Choice Award